This months recipe is a great way to dispose of those left over candy canes on your Christmas tree. It’s also a fun and easy way to involve kids in the holiday festivities.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours
- White Chocolate Bars
- Candy Canes
- Ziplock Plastic Bag
- Wax Paper
- Heavy can or Hammer
- Cookie sheets with a raised edge
- Melt chocolate bars in a double boiler, and stir frequently until smooth.
- While melting the chocolate, have a little helper put some unwrapped candy canes into the plastic bag and seal tightly, after letting most of the air out. Then have them take a can and smash the candy canes into small pieces.
- Pour the melted chocolate slowly into the cookie sheet to cover the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Then spread the candy pieces across the top.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Break into pieces, Eat and enjoy!Alternatives: dark or milk chocolate, chopped nuts or colored sprinkles